- Smith & Family acts as a booking agent for the hotel(s) it books. When you make a booking, you are entering into a contract with the hotel via Smith Global Ltd, not with Smith Global Ltd itself.
- For your security, payments online are made through secure servers. For all bookings, Smith & Family will take a credit card number that is forwarded securely to the hotel to guarantee the reservation. In all cases, once the booking is confirmed, you are subject to the terms and conditions of that hotel’s cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation policies may outline a period before check-in when cancellations will be subject to payment of a penalty. This period does not include the day of arrival – so, for example, a cancellation policy of ‘24 hours’ means a reservation must be cancelled at least 24 hours before the hotel's stated check-in time on the day before arrival to avoid the penalty. Any cancellations must be made by emailing or phoning the Smith24 team as soon as possible.
- Where an offer of availability is made, the rooms are not held until the client accepts. We therefore advise clients to accept the offer as soon as possible after receipt in order to make a firm booking. You will be notified by email within 24 hours whether your booking has been successful. It is your responsibility to contact Smith & Family if a confirmation email has not been received.
- Smith & Family cannot be held liable for errors or omissions in bookings or pricing, either made by the hotel, or as a result of system failure of any kind.
- We do our utmost to ensure all Smith & Family hotel information is accurate, however hotel facilities may change at any time and any opinions expressed are subjective.
- Any advance deposits, additional fees or charges will always be clearly marked before you confirm your booking. Once paid, these additional charges are non-refundable.
- Refunds will be made by the same method used to pay for the booking. Any payment made by credit card will be returned to that card and any payment made by voucher/loyalty money will be refunded as a voucher or by reinstating the loyalty money as appropriate.
- All currency conversions are based on data from openexchangerates.org and are only valid on the date of booking as a guideline. Payments taken by hotels are in the hotel's local currency (or charged a later date) and may be subject to exchange-rate fluctuations (depending on the date charged) and charges from your bank.
- Any changes to a booking that involve the addition of sequential nights to a stay will be considered an amendment to the original booking, regardless of whether the extra nights are booked by the person who made the original booking, or by another guest with whom they are staying.
- Bookings for Smith & Family's exclusive hotel offers or promotions are subject to the terms and conditions set by the hotel for its particular offer. All offers are on request and subject to availability which may change at any time. Offers may be subject to blackout dates which may be amended by the hotel at any time and which may not be specified on our website. They must be booked via the Smith24 team and cannot be reserved online. Some hotels will require a deposit or full prepayment on booking, which may be non-refundable in case of cancellation. Any special terms will be stated on the booking and included in your confirmation. Hotel offers and promotions (and any applicable terms and conditions) are frequently added or amended, and will therefore only apply to completely new bookings. Reservations made before the start of the offer or promotion cannot be cancelled and rebooked at the lower rate. Please note that the normal Smith extra may not always be applicable when booking a Smith & Family exclusive hotel offer or promotion. If it does apply it will be stated in the text of the offer.
- It is members' own responsibility to ensure compliance with immigration requirements. Please check with the relevant embassy for visa and passport information. For vaccination information please check with your medical practitioner.
- Please note: any applicable VAT/taxes may be subject to change at any time.
Bookings using vouchers/gift cards/loyalty money
- Vouchers/gift cards/loyalty money are redeemable for stays at hotels in the Smith & Family collection when booking via the Smith & Family website or the Smith24 team.
- Vouchers/gift cards/loyalty money are not redeemable directly with hotels or in any way with hotels that are not part of the Smith collection. Loyalty money is given on all hotel stays booked through mrandmrssmith.com or through our Smith24 team. Loyalty money is not given on any bookings made directly with hotels.
- When a hotel stay has been part-paid using loyalty money, further rewards will only be accrued on the portion that has been paid for in cash or by debit/credit card.
- Hotel stays paid in whole or part with a voucher/gift card or loyalty money must be pre-paid in their entirety at the point of booking (except when the voucher/gift card or loyalty money used is less than the deposit amount). Though we understand that this can sometimes be a slight inconvenience, this is the best way of ensuring there is no confusion over payment when you check out at the end of your stay.
- A single-use voucher/gift card can only be used once.
- Vouchers/gift cards are valid for 12 months after purchase. Loyalty money is valid for 24 months from completion of the qualifying stay after which it will automatically expire. Bookings must be made within this time, but stays can be taken outside of the validity period.
- Vouchers/gift cards/loyalty money are redeemable only against accommodation costs. They may not be redeemed against incidental hotel costs or additional services.
- Any outstanding unused credit will be held against the unique voucher/gift card code until used or the voucher/gift card/loyalty money expires.
- Where a refund is applicable for cancelled bookings, the amount paid with vouchers/loyalty money will be refunded by the same method.
- Vouchers/gift cards/loyalty money cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Smith & Family reserves the right to decline to accept vouchers/gift cards where, in its opinion, a voucher/gift card is invalid for the booking being made.
- Lost or misplaced vouchers/gift cards may be replaced subject to submission of proof of purchase, and the purchaser’s confirmation of the voucher’s/gift card’s intended recipient.
A promotional voucher is an entitlement to a discount (up to the amount stated) off a qualifying booking for a promotional period.
- Promotional vouchers cannot be used for bookings made directly with our hotels.
- Vouchers have a cash value of £0.001 and are not transferable or assignable and cannot be sold at auction.
- Each voucher can only be used once and may not be used for multiple bookings on consecutive nights at the same hotel.
- Only one voucher can be used per booking.
- Only one voucher can be redeemed per household.
- When using a voucher, the full balance of the booking is payable at the time the order is placed unless the voucher value is lower than the deposit due.
- Vouchers are valid for new bookings only.
- A minimum stay or minimum spend may be applicable in order for a voucher to be valid (see individual vouchers for details).
- Vouchers cannot be used with any other promotion or offer.
- Vouchers are redeemable only against accommodation costs. They may not be redeemed against incidental hotel costs or additional services.
- Smith & Family reserves the right to refuse redemption of vouchers if they believe that they are being used by someone other than the intended recipient.
- Smith & Family reserves the right to decline to accept vouchers where, in its opinion, a voucher is invalid for the booking being made.
- Smith & Family reserves the right to cancel a promotion at any time.
- Smith & Family shall not be liable to any customer for any financial loss arising out of the refusal, cancellation or withdrawal of a promotional voucher or any failure or inability of a customer to use a promotional voucher for any reason.
- We have the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
Bookings handled by third parties
For package bookings in which Smith & Family acts as an agent for third parties, specific terms and conditions may apply. Please see the booking terms for Lusso or Azure, as appropriate.
Flight bookings or packages including flights
Many of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. For more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
Your Financial Protection - ATOL number: 10745
When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, when you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
For Smith Global Ltd's full terms and conditions, please visit our legal page.